Sunday, November 24, 2013

Random Reflections on Improving Health

It has been two weeks and two days since I started grounding myself at night (and sometimes during the day) with the pad I purchased through www.goearthing.com
To answer some inquiries, here are random observations about what I've experienced.

The first couple of days, my body was definitely in "detox." It meant, for me, spending more time than usual in the little girl's room. I didn't experience any achiness or discomfort, but it wouldn't surprise me if some people did experience that initially.

I've had 16 nights, and counting, of deep, uninterrupted sleep. Most welcome! I wake occasionally, but go right back to sleep, even if I have to get up. I've been able to sleep comfortably on my side without waking because of neck pain. Before, I would wake up in much discomfort because I had rolled onto my side in my sleep. Now, I wake up in the morning in that position without any stiffness or pain. The universal comment about sleeping grounded is that it promotes great sleep.

Mostly, I am just watching my body respond to this new dynamic. I notice random things.
  • My two-year-old surgery scar is fading. 
  • I have more energy. 
  • My outlook is brighter.
  • I have a calmness and sense of wellbeing that emanates from deep within me.
I notice that the parts of my body affected by chronic health issues are being "touched:" 
  • The 4-year-old foot injury that has kept me from wearing a shoe with ANY heel 
  • My sciatic nerve 
  • The fascia issues associated with my second surgery
  • The nerves in my right arm and hand damaged from my first radiculopathy
  • Elimination of the long-term swelling in my lower left leg that I suspect was due to circulatory issues
I can only imagine what is happening internally. 

I believe that the folks who discovered this and have done research about it are right when they say that earthing is a key to vibrant health. At the time they wrote the book Earthing: The Most Important Health Discovery Ever? two years ago, they thought this wellness concept would revolutionize the healthcare industry. The odds are not in favor of a simple, inexpensive health aid receiving large funding grants for research or deep pockets for advertizing. The payoff isn't big enough. But, as they say, the best advertizing is word of mouth, so maybe there is hope. I certainly wish I'd known about this sooner. It has been around since the mid-90's, but it has yet to receive a wide hearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment